Wednesday 12 April 2017

Upon Reflection

So, let's address the elephant in the room - WHERE HAVE I BEEN?


In September I left for University and I am not going to deny the fact that uni life and work has just kind of taken over and my time for reading/blogging has been limited. However, this is not the reason I have been MIA - which prompted me to take some time to reflect (hense the very *thoughtful* pictured inserted).

Stating the obvious, I love to read and I love to spend my time listening and reading what other people think about books. When I started this blog (over 4 years ago now!!), the aim was just a place for me to write about the things I'm passionate about and to stop feeling like such a lurker when I'm trawling through the book community. Soon I got sucked into the craziness of this corner of the internet and suddenly writing about the things I love became less and less enjoyable. I started stressing about what to post, how many followers I have and whether my layout looks professional enough. Later, I started a Booktube channel as this was the current trend and I thought that in order to part of the community I must make videos.

Long story short, blogging stopped being enjoyable and started becoming stressful as I was always worried about whether I was good enough to be part of the community.

Now, after nearly a year away, I'm back - and I'd like to say better than ever! I've come to a point where I've accepted that things are the way they are and my little spot on the internet is a place for me to express what I love regardless of everything else. I may make videos every once in a while (because they are so fun!) but not get bogged down if I can't think of something I want to talk about.

So, here it is - a new start and revamp to Book Bird Reads. Expect more love and a lot more books - whether there is only one person out there reading this or a million. I'm going to keep going because this is what I love!

Much Love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment